Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Cats make great pets part 1

Cats make great pets to have. They are very independent, and loving, and can be funny. I have had 5 cats in my lifetime, they all come with different personalities. I`ll break this article into  2 parts, describing the cats I`ve owned.

Oliver


 I started out with a male cat, he wasn`t a kitten, but he wasn`t that old either, about 4 yrs old cat`s age. It was my 1st experience as a cat owner, so I naturally didn`t know what to do, so I focused on feeding him and making sure he had water first off. I tried to get him to play with cat toys, but he wasn`t that interested in playing with them. I finally stumbled across something that I figured would get his attention, I set up a bird feeder in the tree outside my patio doors, outside my apartment. At 1st, I didn`t draw any birds to it, but eventually, even they need to eat, so they started to land on it, and the cat Oliver was watching in great excitement. I told my mother about it, she called it Oliver tv. Being natural hunters, Cats are drawn to birds, as prey for them.

The kittens


Eventually, I decided that having a kitten would be the way the go, to provide company for Oliver, so I decided on getting a male kitten. So onto the scene came a blondish long-haired, male kitten, that I decided to name Sandy, he was very tiny being only 8 weeks old at the time.  Oliver seemed to be having a hard time getting adjusted to having a kitten around which was most likely due to the fact Oliver was the lone cat his previous owner had, I was always afraid he would hurt the younger kitten, he never did, and he played a little with it, but I never felt it was working out, so I ditched the idea of having the two of them together. I came to the conclusion that I should have another kitten go with the other kitten, so I went with a female kitten also 8 weeks old that came from the same place that the other kitten came from, the lady who had the kittens was giving them away for free from a litter a female cat she owned produced. The 2 kittens brought together to live together with me raising them seemed like the right choice, especially having a female and a male together, I thought of that scenario because I didn`t want the two males fighting scenario, not that they would`ve but one never knows. The amazing thing about kittens is how small they are especially at that age, the female kitten could fit just right into my hand and not forget to mention they are so cute. The nice thing about leaving cats alone is that they are not needy like dogs, they also won`t destroy things while you are out, and the kittens being male and female never fought while I was out away. Raising cats you learn a lot about caring for them, but they are very low maintenance and extremely independent, which is just part of their nature. The kittens went to get spayed and neutered, which after so many months one should do, if they are not into selling or giving kittens away, also the female doesn`t go into heat and the male doesn`t spray on the walls and such, which is really great if you live in an apartment. I lived with the kittens until they grew into adult cats for just over 5 years, I lived with them,  I put a lot of effort into raising them and watching them develop, including getting the products to make their`s and my life easier as well. Pets become part of your family, your kids you might put it like, because of the time and effort you put into owning them.

to be continued in part 2









http://www.entireweb.com/free_submission/#kjh71leo https://purchasesharesonline.com/r/29513 http://www.donkeymails.com/pages/confirm2.php?refid=kjh71can http://payspreesniper.com/pro/splash2.php?psa=233250&psu=kjh71leo&cbp=mapleleafs11stanleycups@gmail.com https://www.theptcplace.com/kjh71leo.html https://www.easycash4ads.com/autoplay.aspx?ref=kjh71leo https://www.facebook.com/kjh71leo

No comments: